Butterfly pea flower is a common ingredient in many herbal teas and mixed drinks. It is rich in antioxidants and may be linked to several health benefits, including increased weight loss, and better blood sugar control.
The tea is made from the butterfly pea plant — Clitoria ternatea — and offers an earthy flavor that is similar to green tea. When adding some sweeteners this tea tranform in color right before your eyes to purple and fuchsia with the addition of lemon, lime or other ingredients that change the pH of the infusion. This tea is not only delicious, but fun!
Butterfly Pea flower
Here Are Five Reasons To Try Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
You Get Some Awesome Health Benefits
Because of my background in herbal healing, I always want to know about what kind of health benefits you're going to get from herbs and teas, and butterfly pea flower does not disappoint. Here are some of the benefits you get from drinking butterfly pea tea:
- It's relaxing
- It contains antioxidants that fight aging and disease
- The antioxidants help your skin stay youthful and elastic
- Research has shown that it may improve mental focus and concentration
- The dark blue pigments support the health of your eyes
- The tea is used to relieve inflammation and mild pain
- It may help with supporting healthy blood sugar